Shop for Baltimore Ravens gear at Fanatics.com

McGahee Intact After Scary Hit

mcgahee1

From: The Carroll County Times

Baltimore Ravens running back Willis McGahee suffered a devastating hit from Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark in the final minutes of the Ravens’ AFC title game loss. He’s “neurologically intact,” according to Ravens team officials.

Although McGahee remained down on the ground for several minutes with “significant neck pain” while players from both sides prayed for him in a highly emotional moment, the Ravens said he has movement in his arms and legs. He was carted off the field with his upper body immobilized.

Team spokesman Kevin Byrne said that McGahee was transported to a local hospital in Pittsburgh and was scheduled to remain overnight to undergo a battery of tests with Ravens team Dr. Leigh Ann Curl staying with him to observe his condition. There’s concern that McGahee may have bruised his spine.

I’ll keep my eye on any further updates to his status.

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Baltimore Gridiron Report via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

9 Responses to “McGahee Intact After Scary Hit”

1. Grant says:

I think that hit hurt like crap….but I think we need to get him out of town because he was useless in the Steelers game because instead to attacking the middle of the field he was a pansy and attacked the side lines…..and he so could have tackled Troy Polomu when he picked off the ball but instead he just shook his hand so I believe he needs to GET OUT OF TOWN

2. steelesfan412 says:

that was the best hit of the game I’m so glad that the ravens talk so much shit and can’t even back it up

3. Seriously says:

How could u say that? He was hurt bad you asshole. Why would you hope for that.

4. steelesfan412 says:

cause I’m a steelers fan fuck the ravens never more all the ravens do Is talk shit I’m sooooo glad to see lil ass clark take oue ur star running back

5. Once again proving my point that there are classless people everywhere for every team.

Next time any of my Steeler friends want to play the moral superiority card, I’ll show them these grammatically correct comments.

6. joseph says:

Matt,
    What are you talking about, class? Where do you people come from? steelersfan412 is right, it’s FOOTBALL, It’s BRUTAL. You’re suppose to kick someone’s ass!!!!!!! That’s why your girls the Ravens lost 3 games this year to the Pittsburgh steelers and the Cardinals are going to lift their skirts and cry also!!! We’ll let you guys know how the weather is in Tampa!! Lol!!!

7. steelesfan412 says:

thank u since when do u need class to be a football fan I thiink if u got class go watch polo or some shit leave football to the true fans that like to see a good clean hit on a rival team

8. Wow. I see you guys don’t read very well.

I had no problem with the hit, as I wrote before. It was tough and legal.

I do have problems with people telling me how morally superior Steeler fans are and how all Baltimore fans are classless.

I have nothing to say about the players because I saw many of them on the field showing concern for a man who’s neck might have been broken. They understand what it’s like.

The classless clowns who cheered like fools, spat and cursed at Willis as he was stretchered out are a whole other issue.

There are plenty of players I don’t care for in the NFL but I would never laugh and cheer if I though they might be permanently injured. You take your risks in this game and yes it is brutal and people have to respect that.

9. […] like he’s ready to take his opponents out next time and intentionally injure them. I remember Clark’s vicious hit on Willis McGahee back in the playoffs in 2009. It was a scary shot but one that was still […]