Just past the midway point things have begun to shake out across the NFL landscape. Playoffs are still up for grabs. My feeble attempt to rank can be found below. As always if you think you can do better; leave your own rankings in the comments below.
1. Atlanta Falcons (8-0). Best record gets the top spot. Simple enough.
2. Houston Texans (7-1). May be the best team overall in the NFL today.
3. Chicago Bears (7-1). Right there with the Texans and the Falcons.
4. San Francisco 49ers (6-2). The Niners still have a QB question but look to have righted the ship.
5. Baltimore Ravens (6-2). Because the NFL is so dominated by wins and losses, that’s largely how I base my rankings. The Ravens should not be this high. But they keep winning.
6. New York Giants (6-3). Tough loss after a tough week.
7. Green Bay Packers (6-3). Still two games back of the Bears, but right in the hunt.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3). The Steelers have finally got their wheels rolling along. Not good for the AFC North.
9. Denver Broncos (5-3). The Broncos could be scary good come January.
10. New England Patriots (5-3). A bye week to get healthy.
11. Indianapolis Colts (5-3). The Colts are right there trying to make a run at a wildcard.
12. Minnesota Vikings (5-4). The NFC North is going to go down to the wire.
13. Seattle Seahawks (5-4). Staying at even pace for the last wild card.
14. Miami Dolphins (4-4). Tough loss in a game they needed to win.
15. San Diego Chargers (4-4). Turner/Rivers is sinking this franchise.
16. Detroit Lions (4-4). Two in a row, but it may be too late to catch the Bears or Packers.
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-4). I owe Doug Martin half my fantasy winning from this season.
18. Arizona Cardinals (4-5). No QB = No wins.
19. Cincinnati Bengals (3-5). Bengals’s season is all but over. They need to start winning in a hurry.
20. New Orleans Saints (3-5). Big win over the hapless Eagles.
21. Philadelphia Eagles (3-5). Sure have been a lot of vultures circling Lincoln Financial. Andy Reid is on the ropes.
22. Dallas Cowboys (3-5). Dallas just can’t seem to catch a break when they need one.
23. Buffalo Bills (3-5). Two steps forward three steps back.
24. New York Jets (3-5). Coming off the Bye Week, the Jets need seriously help.
25. Oakland Raiders (3-4). That Carson Palmer trade sure was awesome.
26. St. Louis Rams (3-5). Three straight loses. This team is in freefall.
27. Washington Redskins (3-6). Injuries have caught up to this team in a major way. Have to win out to make the playoffs even a remote reality.
28. Tennessee Titans (3-6). They’ve played better of late, but the talent is still lacking.
29. Carolina Panthers (2-6). Cam showed signs of life against the Skins and may have helped deliver a presidency to Mitt Romney.
30. Cleveland Browns (2-7). They’re getting better by the week, but they’re still not able to pull out a victory cleanly.
31. Kansas City Chiefs (1-7). Still hard to watch.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-7). Just awful.