Power Rankings: Week Fifteen
Despite technical difficulties the last two weeks, we’re back at it with the power rankings. Some will rise, others fall, but in the end only 12 teams may advance. As always if you think you can do better; leave your own rankings in the comments below.
1. Houston Texans (12-2). A win away from home field advantage.
2. Atlanta Falcons (12-2). After a few shaky performances the Falcons obliterated the Giants.
3. Denver Broncos (11-3). Peyton Manning has to be the favorite for league MVP.
4. San Francisco 49ers (10-3-1). Massive win over the Pats has got to be a major boon for Harbaugh and his squad.
5. New England Patriots (10-4). Despite a furious comeback the Pats fall victim to Colin Kapernick.
6. Green Bay Packers (10-4). All of a sudden the Pack has found its rhythm.
7. Baltimore Ravens (9-5). Officially in freefall.
8. Seattle Seahawks (9-5). Russell Wilson might be the steal of last year’s draft.
9. Indianapolis Colts (9-5). Goodell is still praying for a Colts/Broncos matchup at Mile High.
10. Washington Redskins (8-6). From outside looking in to first place in the division, bonanza.
11. Chicago Bears (8-6). Much like Baltimore, the Bears have really begun to struggle after starting hot.
12. Cincinnati Bengals (8-6). The Bengals are a win away from facing the Ravens at home for the division.
13. New York Giants (8-6). Suddenly the Giants are out of first place and staring down the barrel of a three way race.
14. Minnesota Vikings (8-6). Minnesota still has hope of clawing into the post season.
15. Dallas Cowboys (8-6). Dallas looks to have finally gotten the wakeup call.
16. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-7). The Steelers desperately need a win to keep their hope of playoffs alive. Lose to the Bengals and it’s over.
17. St. Louis Rams (6-7-1). Bad luck continues to plague this team.
18. New York Jets (6-8). Seems like they’re 1-13 not 6-8.
19. Miami Dolphins (6-8). Growing pains continue in Miami.
20. New Orleans Saints (6-8). Would Sean Payton have really made that big a difference?
21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-8). Three straight losses after a fast start, Ouch.
22. San Diego Chargers (5-9). Norv Turner’s clock is ticking rapidly.
23. Cleveland Browns (5-9). There’s some real talent here, it’s just too bad the team is headed for another apparent rebuild.
24. Buffalo Bills (5-9). This team has far too much talent to be underperforming so badly.
25. Carolina Panthers (5-9). Teams figured out Cam Newton this season and it shows. Can he rebound?
26. Tennessee Titans (5-9). Not enough playmakers on the roster to make this team a consistent threat.
27. Arizona Cardinals (5-9). With no Quarterback to speak of, Arizona is going nowhere fast.
28. Oakland Raiders (4-10). The trade for Carson Palmer may go down as one of the worst in the history of sports.
29. Detroit Lions (4-10). Lions just can’t find a way to win.
30. Philadelphia Eagles (4-10). Eagle fans cannot wait for this disaster of a season to end.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-12). The London Jaguars limp to the finish line.
32. Kansas City Chiefs (2-12). Had the #1 pick in the draft all locked up, and then ruined it by beating the Panthers.